Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Who says the sun don't shine down here in the depths?

I won an award! And it's not a Leg Lamp! Nor is it FRAGILE! It's........



I've been called Sunshine. And I've seen Sunshine, although I live in the Pacific Northwest, so not that much, but I have never been given the Sunshine Award! In fact, I've never won an award, accept for...no! I guess I never have won an award! So this is very exciting. I'd like to thank Brandon, over at Movies At Dog Farm, first and foremost, for nominating me. And his buddy Vern over at The Vern's Video Vortex, for nominating him, and what the heck, while I'm at it, Mette, over at Lime Reviews and Strawberry Confessions, for nominating him. Thanks for thinking of me Brandon! So before we get down to business, here are the rules and regs of this kick ass bit of Sol.....

The Rules!

1. Include the award's logo in a post or on your blog
2. Link to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself (Use these or come up with your own. I used Brandon's. They were good enough for me.)
4. Nominate 10 Bloggers
5. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated


1. How long have you been doing this, and when did you launch?
Which time? hah. Monday, February 27, 2012 was my first post, but then I got scared, and didn’t come back until August 2, 2013. I can watch a good slasher flick with the best of them, but putting myself out there in the great big huge blogosphere for everyone to see? eek!

2. Most pleasant blogging surprise
Fellow Horror Bloggers. First, I had no idea just how many there were. And second, I'da never figured on just how sweet and welcoming they are. And I’m gonna say sweet, because I’m a girl, and I can. For a bunch of people who enjoy watching people get skewered, decapitated, blown to bits, squished, vaporized, annihilated, gagged, tied, not so much raped or tortured, for me anyways, but stabbed, burned, and just about any other vile verb you can think of, these guys and gals would give you the shirt off their back, unless it’s their Horror Blogger Alliance Skull Pile T. Gotta buy your own to support Jeremy and the Alliance, if nothing else. 

3. Most hard won blogging wisdom
You have to actively seek out potential visitors, or you will be blogging to yourself.  And, Oh yes, just how little I know.

4. Topic of your favorite post
I think I would rather answer which one of my posts is my favorite, so there. And that’s easy! It’s the one on which I received my first comment! And that would be Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde 1922 with John Barrymore. Some people frame their first buck, well, I don’t have one of those, so I framed my first comment, and it was from Grimm, Dear Grimm, from GrimmReviewz. How Grimm found me right off the bat, I have no idea, and I don’t care. I just know he did. And I was so thrilled when I saw his comment, I did a little dance. I will forever be indebted to Grimm, and if you don’t know who he is, boy, you’re really missing out. He’s been doing this for awhile, and his blog is amazing. If his comment wasn’t an ego booster, I don’t know what is. Motivated me to continue, it did. There's a huge difference between hoping someone visits your blog and someone actually visiting your blog.  THANKS GRIMM!

5. Favorite movie franchise
Halloween. I’m a die hard Michael fan. Although, I have to say I didn’t like all of them. Halloween III: Season of the Witch just pissed me off cause I didn’t get to see Michael, and I thought it was lame. And I didn’t like Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers much either, because I just wanted little Jamie to shut the hell up. I have not seen Resurrection. And since Brian over at Horror Movie a Day absolutely loathes it, now I’m afraid to.

6. Favorite animal?
Elephants. They take care of each other. Would fight til the death for their friends and family and the regular Joe in their clan. Maybe I like them because they are a lot like Horror Bloggers. And Brandon? I have to say, the fact that you answered "cats" was a little disappointing. Cats? Really, Brandon? Is that the best you can do? Couldn't you at least have picked something really exciting like dogs? Since you are Movies at Dog Farm and all? Seriously cracked me up, Dude. hahaha

7. Recent movie you most feel the need to re-evaluate?
Halloween Resurrection. Hah!
I have to re-evaluate simply watching it for the first time. Can’t really say I’m a die hard Michael fan, if I haven’t seen all of his movies now, can I. But if I do, and he’s not in it, and it's as lame as Brian says, boy, there’s gonna be hell to pay.

8. Favorite band
Pretty much changes on a daily basis. I know I am so sick of 80s music. That never changes. Never ever want to hear another 80s band as long as I live. And ya know, even though there was some pretty good stuff in the 60s and 70s, Geez Louise, how long can you listen to something? That’s a toughie, so today I’m gonna go with Herb Alpert. Gotta love Taste of Honey. I seriously have no idea. I would never turn off Nirvana or Louie Armstrong or Bennie Goodman or Glenn Miller or Don Ho or The Sex Pistols or Pennywise's Bro Hymn .

9. Favorite movie to subject straights to even though I’m almost certain they won’t enjoy it?
 Ace Ventura Pet Detective. I think it's funny as hell, but I don't think the straights would.

10. Favorite movies to subject straights to because I’m certain they will enjoy it? 

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with John Barrymore 1922 and The Long Ships 1964. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde because John Barrymore depends on his acting ability and makeup to creep the hell out of you, and he succeeds. And The Long Ships because of the music, the story, the bell, and that sword slide. The sword slide image will stay with you till the day you die, and it was made in 1964.

Winners!

Grimm at Grimm Reviewz
R.G. Lovecraft at R.G. Lovecraft Reviews
Christine at Fascination with Fear
HollyHorrorshow at Holly's Horror Land
Michelle at The Girl Who Loves Horror

Yeah, I know. There's 11. So sue me, just please don't take back my award! I already told everyone at work about it, and they'll think I'm full of crap.  





.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Warden! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way Cool list of answers Warden. I can understand your hatred of Halloween III because it's missing Myers,but if it was called underneath a different title, would the hatred be as strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey The Vern, Thanks for stopping by! That is a very good question, The Vern. I don't know. The music during the TV commercial is highly annoying, and since the first time, I've never tried to like it. haha. The first time just pissed me off, so when I run across it, I usually just throw a tizzy and turn the channel. But, I never really thought of it that way, I mean if it was under a different title. So, I'm willing to give it a shot, knock that chip off my shoulder, throw off any preconceived notions, and view with an open mind, and let ya know. ug. This is going to be very hard......hahahah. Until next time...Keep those fires stoked!
      Eternally Yours

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for including me on this Warden! I love reading your blog and look forward to it even more so now. Hope you had a great weekend.

    Cheers,
    Rg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, RG. Well deserved! And thanks! I actually, so far, unless they bring in a buncha new prisoners down here, have the weekend off! Looking forward to posting on Nosferatu! Finally made it to Disc #2, and it was the first movie in the lineup! I'm always amazed what they were able to achieve back in the day. 1922! Sheez! No special effects there! And the wolf, I swear, it's something extinct! It's like a cross between a wolf and a hyena, although, I didn't think there were hyenas in the Carpathians! haha, but I swear it looks like a cross between a dog and a hyena and something striped. It's crazy. When I'm looking for my images, I sure hope I find one of it, so I can post it. It's amazing. Thanks for stopping by! And until next time...Keep those fires stoked!
      Eternally Yours

      Delete
  4. glad you are enjoying the skull shirt... it is a great design! thank you for making us part of your cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jeremy!
      Thanks for stopping by the ol' Hell hole! haha. Yah, man, like mom always said...I love my Skull Pile T. And the fact that it's chocolate makes it even better. Who has chocolate colored T's anyway? Me! That's who. It was the suggested color, and it turned out great. And I could say the same, thanks for making me a proud member of the Horror Bloggers Alliance. I wear my shirt with pride. Until next time...Keep those fires stoked!
      Eternally yours

      Delete
  5. Cats are scary.... Congratulations on the award! Enjoying your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks A! I agree. Cats are very very scary, unless you're Brandon over at Movies at Dog Farm. His cat Ho Ho Ho is his editor and runs the farm, although he says the irony is lost on her. They wouldn't be so scary, if they weren't so dang smart! And shifty. Ya never know what they're thinking. lol

      Delete